Welcome AvMed Members
Keeping you healthy!
Have you ever felt physically drained when you've been under a lot of stress? Do
you notice how your mood affects your body's ability to fight off viruses? If so,
you will soon come to appreciate the value of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
CAM practices recognize that the connection between mind and body are important
to the healing process. These therapies teach people techniques to help manage pain
and reduce stress, allowing people to take a more active role in their health care.
Rely on nationwide CAM experts
The AvMed has contracted with Healthways WholeHealth Networks, who manages the nation's
leading CAM network of practitioners, provides a network of more than
Search our online directory listing of practitioners and facilities.
These practitioners offer you up to a 30% discount on CAM services such as:
- Yoga and Pilates
- Tai Chi and Qi Gong
- Nutrition Counseling
- Fitness Centers and Spas
- Personal Trainers
- Massage and Body Work
- Mind Body Therapies and Relaxation
- And many more!
Online education tools
our online education tool that was developed by a team of board-certified physicians
and specialists. The site provides a wealth of information and resources to guide
you on the path to health, wellness, and longevity.
Learn how alternative therapies can treat your conditions.
Discover how food can heal as well as taste great.
View responses from leading CAM authorities.
Read recent information on chronic conditions and integrative therapies.
Get the latest research from around the world.
Who is eligible?
- As a AvMed health plan member, you and your family have access to the CAM discount
- You can discover and utilize CAM practices and receive discounts for services and
- Remember, this CAM program is not a part of your health plan. You are responsible
for all costs for services and supplies.
- For more information, call Healthways WholeHealth Networks at 1-800-274-7526 from
8:30 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- Present your AvMed health insurance card when receiving services or supplies and
you pay the discounted price.